Friday 1 May 2015

Monthly Memoir: Apr '15



One word to sum up the month?
 Rollercoaster (though not a fast one, just gentle ups and gentle downs)

Do something/go somewhere other than the norm?
 Seasick Steve gig, but otherwise pretty normal month. Am starting to think we need to make more effort to do something a little different each month, but then again some of my happiest weekends are the ones spent at home.

Best meal?
 The turbot in olive oil vierge that we cooked last weekend. I may have needed a small loan to buy the turbot, but it tasted fabulous. The sauce was very easy and could be used on any fish. The recipe is a Rick Stein one. Probably says a lot that this was my best meal, even though we actually ate out twice in April.

Best drink?
 Rhubarb and Apple sparkling drink by Cawston Press. Gonna have to blog about this soon, if you like Rhubarb this stuff is heaven!

Buy anything new?
 Two pairs of loose fitting trousers from H&M for holidays. Hopefully will hit that magic combination of not being too hot while keeping me covered up. Also a couple of vests which are always useful to have (ignoring the two piles just of vests already in the drawers)

Wear anything good?
 At this rate I am going to have to remove this question! When I originally started this site, my plan was to do outfit posts to try and encourage me to wear more of my overflowing wardrobe. However of late this hasn't been happening at all. I have all this nice stuff, I need to start wearing it or donate it!

See anything good?
 We are currently watching Twin Peaks, which I never saw first time around, and loving it. We are only about a third through so can't comment on the overall series yet. With the new Avengers film out too we have been rewatching all the films through again to make sure we are caught up for the new one (because it is the plots I like, not all the muscles- honest). My inner geek is happy that Agents of Shield has started up again. 
We also saw Rust and Bone, which we both really enjoyed. In typical French style it was hard to say what the storyline was, but it follows a disabled former whale trainer and a boxer! Just watch it and enjoy.  

Anything else?
 My nephew arrived this month and is another gorgeous little bundle of joy. My sister is recovering well and my niece seems to be adapting to her big sister position well. We are off to see them soon and can't wait to have some proper cuddles.

Little Owl 

No comments:

Post a Comment