Friday 8 May 2015

A night to myself

So Mr Owl has a work thing this evening, meaning he won't be back till later and I can have the evening to myself! My first thought was 'what a shame it is on a weekend night'that, but followed by 'ooh I can do whatever I want to do in the evening' I am sure we all have those moments where you think it would be nice to have a night on your own, where you can eat whatever you want, watch whatever you want and do all those nice on your own things, I know I have. The problem is that this evening was at short notice (Weds evening) and I can't remember what half these things are!!

I started with the food- what do I like eating that he doesn't... hmm I am sure there are things. I know we have had those conversations in the supermarket where we each suggest food ideas that are shot down by the other but can I remember them now? Is it wrong that if I have a night on my own some of my favourite meals are a baked potato, beans and cheese or tinned tomato soup (Heinz of course!) with some cheese and bread. Anyway after a manic lunch break running around M&S I ended up with one of their balanced ready meals- I will at least feel smug about the lower calories and ignore the pudding I also got!

That just leaves the rest of the evening, I won't have a car so will be stuck at home and in sole charge of the TV remote... now what do I want to watch... currently I have fallen back on Come Dine With Me. This is rubbish, I can watch that any time there must be something else. I can normally find a period drama or a crime drama but again I have come up short.

I am useless at this it seems, (at least I am with one day's notice) I need to plan better. So when an evening like this comes around again, what should I be doing? What do you like to do when you have an evening to yourself. The stereotypical night would be facemasks, glasses of wine and romcoms. I have no aversion to any of that and may well be trawling through netflix shortly, but surely we can be more inventive than that? Any suggestions for how to do this better next time would be much appreciated.

Meantime I am off to heat up my tea and perhaps have a cheeky G&T while waiting..and see if there is anything else on TV.




Little Owl 

No comments:

Post a Comment