Wednesday 11 December 2013

Too much tartan?

I love a bit of tartan and always have, blame my scottish roots, however this year it seems to be back in style again- hurrah! A friend gave me these fabulous tartan tights for my birthday however I have been slightly struggling with a good way to wear them. My first thought was to keep the rest of the outfit simple to make a feature of the tights, so started with the standard black skirt.



Skirt: Topshop
 
 
I also tried with a longer pencil skirt to see if slightly less visible tartan was better and a different coloured skirt and a dress too
 


Skirt: New Look

Skirt: H&M


Dress H&M
 
Now I am not sure if it was too much changing in one session that made my head go funny, but I thought I would try this last outfit on just to confirm to myself that there is such a thing as too much tartan! I know clashing prints are meant to be very trendy but somehow I just don't see this myself!!
 


 
 
So how would you style these tights and which look do you prefer? Any ideas to help this Little Owl be more stylish always appreciated?


No comments:

Post a Comment