Friday 6 December 2013

Birthday Goodies

As I mentioned in my first post, it was my birthday last weekend and I was fortunate to get some lovely goodies from family and friends. Having a wintery birthday means it is a good time to get some new cold weather gear and I was lucky enough to get a selection this year.
First up was a H&M jumper that Mr. Owl got me as a little extra. I  had been looking for something in this colour for a while and he saw this and thought of me. It is a baggy fit style with a longer hanging back and is nice and warm. I love the scooped neck, as having eczema I find anything 'wooly' hard to wear, whereas the low cut on this means it is well away from my more sensitive face and neck. This was worn on a home work day so apologies for my total lack of any glamour in the photos.

Jumper: H&M

 
 
Next up is this  pale blue cable knit jumper from Topshop. It is an angora mix which makes it lovely and soft. I had tried wearing it with a shirt underneath but it didn't seem to work, I will need to experiment with that more. I think it would also work well with a chunky necklace to dress it up a little.


Jumper: Topshop, Jeans: H&M


To go over all this,  a new coat from Fatface and fabulously warm hat from Topshop. The coat has a nice warm sheepskin style lining and is just long enough to cover your bottom. I have a thinner Barbour wax jacket and also a big thick North Face parka for when it is really cold, so this new coat sits perfectly between the two.


Coat: Fatface, Hat: Topshop

Finally it wouldn't be a birthday without some bling, and my love of owls is well known to my friends and family, resulting in this lovely long pendant and a bracelet.


Accessorize

Accessorize

So there we are, a little birthday roundup. Any tips and suggestions on how to style my new knitwear, how would you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment