Tuesday 17 December 2013

Late Nights

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days but I have a good excuse honest! Friday night Mr Owl and myself took ourselves down to the Manchester Apollo to watch I Am Kloot in concert. Kloot are a local Manchester band who we have seen several times in the last few years. We hadn't realised that they were touring again, but spotted a poster a few weeks ago and luckily just managed to get tickets. They were as good as they always have been, and I would encourage you to go and see them if you get the chance. They played a really good mix of songs from their earlier albums right through to the latest one. The night finished off in true Kloot style with Guy Garvey (yep the one from Elbow) joining them on stage for 'To You'
I was so busy having a good time that I completely failed to take any photos- I need to get better at this photos for blog thing!

Saturday night was a slight change with a trip to The Lowry theatre to see Warhorse. We had booked this a while ago as Christmas treat and took Mr Owl's family along too. I had not read the book or seen the film, but knew roughly what it was about. I would recommend going to see this just for the staging of it, the horse puppets were amazing and seemed very realistic. The actual story itself I thought was a bit weak and obvious, but the production more than made up for this.
Once again I completely failed on the photo front, so I have borrowed a photo from the Warhorse site to brighten this page up a little.

After two late nights on the trot, coupled with Christmas Tree shopping and presents etc we were exhausted. I promise to try and be more diligent with my posts..... honest!




Courtsey of the Warhorse site






No comments:

Post a Comment