Monday 9 December 2013

Desk to Drinks

How to dress for desk to drinks seems to have been a big topic the past week or two with various other bloggers doing posts on this, as well as emails from most major stores with suggestions on how to style their pieces for just this event. However I work in software and normal office wear involves jeans, t-shirt and cons. If I am feeling adventurous I might put a simple dress on. For our Christmas 'party' this year we are off to the local pub. I therefore face the issue of not wanting to look to overdressed in the office and oh, not looking too overdressed in the evening either, not the most exciting style dilemma but possibly a more challenging one!

Anyway not wanting to miss out on all the fun I have put together two ideas.
This first one involves a fairly simple dress for during the day, with tights and nice pair of boots. For the evening swap to nude tights (or bare legs if you are feeling  brave) and add some bling and makeup. I love the bright colour of the green dress, and the longer sleeves are a bonus in the colder weather. Equally the maroon is a brilliant autumn colour and I don't think I have a maroon dress quite like this (yet!!!) As the dresses are so simple I felt the necklaces had to add the real wow factor in the evening.

Day to Night- Dress





The second look is based on wearing jeans and a t-shirt during the day, and then swapping your top before the evening shindig. I am seriously tempted by the green shirt, however I just know that my practical head would take over and I would never wear something sleeveless for fear of freezing. The black and gold top is not something I would normally pick, and without seeing it in the flesh I fear the leather effect may not work. However the print is beautiful and quite luxurious looking. The other two tops are simpler and more classic, but again the addition of some statement necklaces helps liven them up.

Day to Night- Skinnies






What do you think of my selections, and what would you wear in my situation? Check back later in the week to see if I managed something other than jeans and a t-shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment